Sunday, June 24, 2007

Griffey, From the Archives

With Griffey's first return to Seattle since the trade in 1999, I wanted to find a picture that I took very early in Griffey's Seattle career. I couldn't find the specific picture I was looking for, but I did find this picture that I believe would've been taken in either 1991 or 1992. I was crazy back then and into weird things, too. This shot is an in-camera double exposure, with Griffey up to the plate, and Griffey making a catch in the outfield:


I believe a few of the newer dSLRs will make double exposures, but my camera doesn't have this feature. It was sorta fun doing this in film, since you really didn't know how it would turn out, unless you were a seasoned pro. I was just a learning hack back then, so yeah. While I did bring out the exposure a little bit in Photoshop, I didn't merge the photos -- this is how I made the shot waaaay back then...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that is actually really good being on film and everything.

now you just take to photos and photoshop it. All those tricks are falling away. Then again I can take 500 pictures at a game and not have to pay 200$ to see if I even have 20 ok pictures.

There was some magic in the waiting and seeing. The suprise of getting the photos a couple days later.
Also, it was great to see the old Kingdom. Forget sometimes how nice Safeco is.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home